LIFE LESSONS


This blog was created for everyone looking to share experiences and ideas about music, life, love, & growth.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Land of the Foreclosed and Home of the Scared??

I recently received an email talking about "illegal aliens" in Arizona, and how Mexicans are taking our jobs, and having their babies on our soil so that we're stuck with them.  Then I turn on the tv to see protest about a ground zero "Mosque".  After further research, I find that this "Mosque" (blocks away from ground zero) is really supposed to be a community center that will also have a place for worship since Muslims pray several times a day.   That same week, I see our president having to hold press conferences confirming his daily prayers and his Christian faith (as if being a Muslim would have made him evil)....All of it makes me ask.... What has happened to the ideals our country was built on???    Isn't this country based on freedom of speech??  Freedom of religion ?  The ability to choose where, when and how you run your business??  "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"????....what has happened to all of that??  Land of the free & home of the brave is feeling more like land of the foreclosed and home of the scared.

What do you think of today's America?  Are we allowing freedom to be replaced by fear?

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I know I can't believe that in 2010, we are still in a "race/religion war." Wasn't our country founded on freedom of religion? People have been blurring together the 9/11 extreme Muslims with Islamic Americans. For the past 9 years, we have been stereotyping Muslims in America as untrustworthy and terrorists and this is just anti-Muslim bigotry. Shouldn't we know better America?! This Reminds me of Japanese Interments Camps. Thousands of innocent Japanese (over half of them were American citizens) were relocated into camps after the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

    Everything that just makes me soo angry! Life is LOVE. but great post, I will definitely follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...feels like history is trying to repeat itself. Positive thoughts, Energy and actions have power though. Keep on shining Skylar.

    ReplyDelete